All about me
Of course, even by the solipsistic standards of regular blogging, this blog-tag tsunami is very narcissistic. Still, as Oscar Wilde once observed, the only thing worse than being blog-tagged is not being blog-tagged. And it annoys Howard Rogers, so here goes.
- My nickname Arfur C comes from my schooldays. It derives from the science fiction writer Arthur C Clarke, who presented a TV series on unexplained phenomena. I railed against the nickname for a couple of weeks but without success and now I like it.
- I am not Andy C. I think the real Andy C is the one who writes the Norman Brightside blog. There's also Andy Campbell who use to write the "Oracle Stuff I should Have Known" blog, but recently appears to have withdrawn from the blogospshere.
- I can't program in C, which I think means I'm not a real techie..
- I'm a consultant with an annual season ticket. In fact, out of the nigh on thirteen years in my career with LogicaCMG I have had only three weeks of working away from home.
- One of my heroes is the late Quentin Crisp, the closest thing to a Taoist sage Britain has produced.
- I use too many cuss words. It's not due to a paucity of vocabulary but just because I enjoy swearing.
- I still define myself by the music I like. I probably should have grown out of that by now. Of course I am less tightly wound. I don't think that listening to the Fall makes me cooler than somebody who listens to Billy Joel ... er, hang on a mo, actually I do think that.
- Whilst I read lots - blogs, bits of manuals, newspapers, magazines - I haven't read a whole actual book in months.
There can't be many bloggers left to tag. I am pretty sure that none of the following have been "it" yet...