Friday, January 11, 2008

All about me

I have been tagged by Tim Hall who was tagged by Chris Muir who was tagged by Dan Norris who was tagged by Jake Kuramoto. This gives me a Jake Number of 4. Not very flattering. [It turns out I have a Jake Number of 2 - see Laurent Schneider's comment. APC]

Of course, even by the solipsistic standards of regular blogging, this blog-tag tsunami is very narcissistic. Still, as Oscar Wilde once observed, the only thing worse than being blog-tagged is not being blog-tagged. And it annoys Howard Rogers, so here goes.
  1. My nickname Arfur C comes from my schooldays. It derives from the science fiction writer Arthur C Clarke, who presented a TV series on unexplained phenomena. I railed against the nickname for a couple of weeks but without success and now I like it.
  2. I am not Andy C. I think the real Andy C is the one who writes the Norman Brightside blog. There's also Andy Campbell who use to write the "Oracle Stuff I should Have Known" blog, but recently appears to have withdrawn from the blogospshere.
  3. I can't program in C, which I think means I'm not a real techie..
  4. I'm a consultant with an annual season ticket. In fact, out of the nigh on thirteen years in my career with LogicaCMG I have had only three weeks of working away from home.
  5. One of my heroes is the late Quentin Crisp, the closest thing to a Taoist sage Britain has produced.
  6. I use too many cuss words. It's not due to a paucity of vocabulary but just because I enjoy swearing.
  7. I still define myself by the music I like. I probably should have grown out of that by now. Of course I am less tightly wound. I don't think that listening to the Fall makes me cooler than somebody who listens to Billy Joel ... er, hang on a mo, actually I do think that.
  8. Whilst I read lots - blogs, bits of manuals, newspapers, magazines - I haven't read a whole actual book in months.

There can't be many bloggers left to tag. I am pretty sure that none of the following have been "it" yet...

Gints Plivna
Neil Jarvis
Adrian Billington
Duncan Mills
Frits Hoogland
Roel Hartman

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I didn't think you'd respond.

2. "I use too many cuss words." By itself, that's worth the price of admission for me. I remember being surprised when you told me that one. 'Actually, I think it is big and it is clever' ;-)

3. "I don't think that listening to the Fall makes me cooler than somebody who listens to Billy Joel ... er, hang on a mo, actually I do think that." Now you're just sucking up to Andy C!

Peter K said...

# I can't program in C, which I think means I'm not a real techie..
That definition probably have to change by now to C# or Java...not that it matters. To me a techie is someone who loves playing with the latest and greatest gadgets...and I can't afford those...Waaah...
# I use too many cuss words. It's not due to a paucity of vocabulary but just because I enjoy swearing.

Not in front of the ladies, though.

Laurent Schneider said...

> This gives me a Jake Number of 4
Wrong number, you are a jake number 2 and a justin number 1 :-)

OTN TechBlog